Monday, September 8, 2014

Made it Monday: Glassman and Crafts!

5 day week after having just 4 days last week = torture. You know it. I know it. We all hate this part of the 3 day weekend! In order to keep my spirits up, I wrote a fun Glassman lesson and did some crafts! 
Whoop :)


Woohoo! I'm so excited about my first Made It Monday craft!!!!! I know these have been around a long time and that you've definitely seen them before, but I'm still pretty proud of how this one turned out. I used an Exacto knife to cut the Crayons and used a hot glue gun to hold them down.


I'm also VERY excited for the fall and winter to get here!!! Seriously my favorite time of the year and the BEST holidays, not to mention the fact that I'm over this 97 degree heat. Bring on the cool crisp air, twinkly Christmas lights, and possible snow days ;)


Another social skills lesson using the Unthinkables. Glassman causes us to have BIG upset reactions to little bitty problems. He makes us think all issues are very big issues and that we should meltdown when it isn't necessary or appropriate. Here's a bit of the lesson...
CONNECT: Worry Wall makes us feel nervous and worried too much. You guys already know about him! He often works with Glassman, and today we're learning about this new Unthinkable.

PRIME: Glassman causes us to have big upset reactions to small problems. He makes us think everything is a big problem. He also blocks our brains from being able to say appropriate things when we're upset. We may yell or scream and cry when we should use our words.

The meat of the lesson has students write down 5 worries on index cards, then we read Superflex Takes on Glassman and the Team of the Unthinkables. After we read the story, I have kids place their index cards on the scale pictured below.

1 comment: